Create a sexy smile with lip augmentation in Thailand. Lip enhancement not only increases lip size, but also helps reduce the effects of fine lines around the mouth. While lip augmentation can be done at any age, it is particularly effective to combat the signs of ageing. Lips, just like the rest of our skin, become thinner as we get older as collagen production slows down. Plumping them up will counteract this, restoring a more youthful look.
It is a reasonably quick cosmetic procedure to perform, yielding noticeable results, and there are several surgical and non-surgical ways that can plump, lift, reshape or resize lips. If you’re looking for a facial enhancement that doesn’t require too much downtime then lip augmentation is a possibility.
The Thailand medical tourism industry is booming – it has been the world’s number one destination for a number of years. In part, this is because the costs are much lower – especially to Westerners. However, people flock here for cosmetic surgery and other medical procedures because of the expertise of the clinicians, their commitment to customer care and the up-to-the-minute techniques and facilities.
There is a caveat to this – and that is to make sure you go to a clinician with a good reputation. You can do some research on the internet, but it isn’t always accurate. This is why booking with Medical Departures will give you some peace-of-mind. We quality check all our doctors and clinics. This means we look for any legal or criminal proceedings, confirm qualifications and verify professional memberships. We also visit clinics personally, taking high definition photos that are published on our website, along with real patient reviews. No medical procedure can ever be guaranteed 100%, but at least finding a reputable doctor is a good start.
There are a number of different surgical and non-surgical ways for lip augmentation, and so it the time taken varies depending on what you have done. You may need more than one procedure to achieve the desired result.
Non-Surgical treatments include:
- The Fat Transfer Method where fat is transferred from one part of the body to the lips
- Injection treatments known as fillers, including Restylane and Juvederm
Surgical treatments include:
- The Lip Lift, where an incision is made under the nose and the skin pulled upwards which lifts the upper lip. Downward-turning mouths can be turned upwards by removing the skin at the side of the mouth.
- Lip Implants, where natural or synthetic implants are inserted
- Vermillion Advancement, where a strip of skin around the coloured part of the lip is removed and the lips pulled and stitched to the remaining skin
- Dermal grafts, where a fat graft is taken and positioned under the lip lining via incisions made inside the mouth
The recovery time is also variable, from a matter of hours for injections, to weeks for surgery.
Again, it depends on what treatment you are having. In most cases savings of 50% or more can be achieved.
Discover more about our clinics and see what's on offer.
Ready to book lip augmentation in Thailand, or just want to ask any questions about the procedure? See below for ways to get in touch with us.